View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 27, 2003, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
Word of advice: Any official just calling a heated/controversial game should have enough sense to hang out and not leave too quickly...while fans/spectators/players/coaches are hanging around.
I agree with you if there is some sort of control present in the gym. All those fans who assaulted tnrb outside, were only slightly inconvenienced by the walk. It might have happened anyway, just under the lights and in warmer surroundings, even if he had stayed in the gym. The secret is to judge the climate in the last couple minutes, and before the game ends, find some security or management to stick close to.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
Despite what happened to tnroundball, I still can't see filing charges against anybody in his particular case.
I think you and some of the other post-ers are confusing filing a lawsuit vs pressing criminal charges. I'm not advising filing a lawsuit. I think that would probably be out of line in this situation. I do think pressing criminal charges is completely appropriate. A crime has been committed, and it is a crime which is rampant in our society and needs to be stopped. That is why the Assault on Officials Laws have been passed, and we should avail ourselves of every opportunity to let the general public know that this ain't okay!