View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 22, 2003, 11:52am
Small Business Owner

Cool RE: I continue to disagree with Bob M.

REPLY: That does seem pretty clear, but then again so does the NOTE included in Table 6-4 right at the top of page 45 which clearly states that this kick is still in possession of Team K. My guess is that when all of these PSK inconsistencies shake out next year, that NOTE will still be there and the change to Fundamental I.3 will be rescinded. Only time will tell. [/B][/QUOTE]

There are several inconsistancies still remaining in the NFHS Rule Book. My guess is that when all of these PSK inconsistencies shake out:
1) Table 6-4 "NOTE:" will be rewritten as follows: K is in Team possession during a kick unless post scrimmage kick applies. A kick ends when a player gains possession or when the ball becomes dead by rule. R gains possession of the ball when a player of R catches or recovers the live ball unless post scrimmage kick applies.
The Rules committee does need to rewrite this "Note:" to make it consistant with the Change to Fundamental I.3., AND consistant with the "Clean Hands" statement regarding PSK located at the top of page 73 in your 2003 rule book.
2) I believe unless post scrimmage kick applies will be added to the end of Rule 10-2-1b.
3) I believe unless post scrimmage kick applies will be inserted into the verbage of Rule 10-2-2.
4) I believe unless post scrimmage kick applies will be inserted into the verbage of Rule 2-32-2.

But, as you say Bob, only time will tell...