View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 21, 2003, 07:41pm
Official Forum Member

The following quote is from the POE for this year. (HS rules).

'3. "Hooking" by the offensive players should be presumed a definite advantage. This is not a judgment call or tactic worthy of a warning. It is a foul and should be called without hesitation. '

Other parts of the rule book talks about the 'swim move' by the offense being illegal. What do you look for to determine it as illegal or just good offense? I was playing a game the other day and felt the guy I was defending was using his arm illegally to keep me away from the incoming pass on the post. His reply was that I get pretty physical myself when I am on offense-which is true and one of my favorite moves is a spin move that gets me around the defender and I shield them out with my body.--But I think my move is legal because I keep my arms in my 'cylinder' directly above my feet while keeping the D off while using by body or an arm bar(elbow-arm not extended, elbow not displacing the D but keeping them out of my space).

Back to my original question. What exactly is the swim move, what is hooking (In bball terms), and what is legal when using an arm bar? What do you look for before calling a foul on the offense?