View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 08:45am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
[/B]
Bernie's running catch probably wouldn't have been as dramatic a few years ago, don't you think? He's still good, and I'll take him over Damon, but he seems to have lost more than a little speed over the last 3 seasons, no?

Last thought, I haven't been over to the baseball forum, but what did you think of the Walker HR? Initially called foul by the RF ump, then over-ruled by the plate ump (who was also crew chief). I thought on replay that the ball missed the fan and hit the pole. Did you see it that way, or do I need to take off my fan-colored glasses? Either way, it didn't look good for the RF ump to get overruled by another ump who was 150 farther away from the play than he was. [/B][/QUOTE]I think that Bernie and Matsui might be changing positions next year. I think that Matsui can go get the ball a l'il bit better than Bernie now. Bernie has slowed down. Neither one of them has a good enough arm to play right field,imo.George is gonna have to buy a coupla them this winter.

I haven't looked at the forum either,but imo,it was a good call by the plate ump.The only thing that I have read was an early story in the NY Post that quoted Torre as saying that he couldn't really argue the call because the plate umpire told him that 3 other umpires agreed with him,and Torre said that that wasn't very good odds to continue arguing with.In any case,if they hadda called it foul,the final mighta been 4-2 BoSox instead. Best team on the night won.