View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 03, 2003, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: FED Ruling

Quote:
Originally posted by Warren Willson
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Emerson
In FED anytime that U1 has his hand up there is time on the field whether he or U2 has verbalized it. It is quite different from OBR. Steve
Steve, do you have a FED rule citation or official interpretation for that?

By "U1" I presume you mean the plate umpire. Most officials I know treat the stop sign exactly the same under OBR as you have outlined here. I don't see the difference, unless of course that treatment is mandated by rule under FED. It isn't under OBR, to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Warren, correct me if wrong.....the "stop-sign" is not a mechanic used in OBR, FED has it explicitly worded(as unusally usual). We do use it for the kid games(14u) but I will keep it hot, just for the purpose of a pick play. Hold up F1 from tossing too soon to the dish, but allow a pick. As most kids and kid skippers don't know the stop-sign is in actuality time-out,they just keep on truckin!!! In FED ball, the stop-sign is verbatim deadball sit, I can't quote, 2004 books not here and I toss the oldies cuz it keep changing!! Football season now...you outa come give football a shot....big guys like you always work the middle.....I can see it now....HEY MATE>>>Thats a hold....LOL