View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 29, 2024, 01:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Disqualifications Five Fouls ...

Substitutes are waiting at the table.

Foul called.

Calling official heads to the reporting area, stops, counts, or does not count, basket (if necessary), verbally indicates color, verbally and by two handed signal indicates number, verbally and by signal indicates type of foul (block, push, etc.), and then indicates spot of throwin, or number of free throws.

Table immediately notifies to the reporting official the fifth foul on the offending player for purposes of disqualification.

I do realize there here are procedures in place to disqualify the player, notify the head coach, start the fifteen second clock with a horn, notify the player.

Are there NFHS rules or mechanics that tell the reporting official not to allow the substitutes to enter before the head coach replaces the disqualified player?

Are there NFHS rules or mechanics that tell the reporting official not to grant a request for timeout before the head coach replaces the disqualified player?

Citations please (please copy and paste, I don't have access to a NFHS mechanics manual).

Same questions, but for IAABO mechanics.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 29, 2024 at 01:23pm.