Thread: Nfhs 6.4.1
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 19, 2024, 12:18pm
Esteemed Forum Member

A Forgettable Anachronistic Formality ...

... microbursts of mayhem as outdated as two-hand set shots, peach baskets, laced basketballs, and chicken wire cages around the perimeter of the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonx View Post
Question. First extra period ... Possession arrow ... just treat the extra period like the the initial jump ball to begin the game.
Jump ball (almost always, barring any unusual circumstances, i.e. technical foul) needed to start the first extra period and any additional extra periods, and, of course, the start of the game.

4-28-1: A jump ball is a method of putting the ball into play to start the game and each extra period by tossing it up between two opponents in the center restraining circle, or as in 7-3 before the alternating possession procedure has been established.

7-3-2: If the alternating-possession procedure has not been established, play must be resumed by a jump ball between the two players involved in the center restraining circle.

6-4-1: Other than the start of the game and each extra period, the teams will alternate taking the ball out of bounds for a throw-in.

6-4-Note: When the alternating-possession procedure has not been established, the jump ball shall be in the center restraining circle between the two players involved in the subsequent action.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jan 19, 2024 at 01:45pm.