View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 01, 2003, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

What did I do last night?

I work an adult city mens league. Yeah, I know, but I do it 'cause I need experience (dealing with children). We have 4 games with 20 minute halves, running clock except the last two minutes.

Our last game had two of the teams that whine the most, so we were extra prepared. I was lead and had two fella's on the floor with a held ball near the baseline. I blow the whistle and approach, saying "held ball". Clown #1 throws his elbow at Clown #2, so I repeat the whistle blowing thing, but this causes Clown #2 to shove C1 real hard. All while the two of them are on the floor.

There's a general ruckus with one really bright player pushing and shoving. Luckily no punches we saw.

The funny thing was that there was about 20 second left until half time when this started and after we straightened out the mess, a player from both sides complained to me that they wanted to call a time-out before the clock ran out for half time.

Absolute best part is later in the game losing team says to guy guarding dribbler "he can't go to his left". Dribbler says "yeah but your mama does". I paused while that rattled around in my brain (did he really just say that?), then I blew the whistle and he was through.

I do it for experience, didn't say it was good experience.