View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 03, 2023, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
I really enjoyed watching Caitlin Clark in the national semi, but I was unable to watch any of the Women's Final. This morning, however, I've heard several commentators say that the officiating was particularly poor. I expect to hear this from the loudmouths on TV, but I've heard from at least 3 people who are not normally ref-bashers.

For those that watched, did you find the officiating to be shaky? I honestly can't imagine the whole crew being bad for the whole game, but I've heard 2 different people say that the crew should not work the tournament again. But I honestly can't believe that it couldn't have been that bad, right?

Honest thoughts?
I found it to be completely different from the way that other games in the tournament were called. My observation is that the final game was called far tighter than many other games in the tournament and that tended to throw a lot of players and coaches off, especially in the first 2 qtrs.

Should they be denied future tournament opportunities? Probably not, but I do think game-to-game consistency needs to be looked at.