View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 09, 2023, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
I'm not arguing the outcome - the rules are the rules, even if seemingly unjust in this case. Not meaning to hijack the original thread here, but this one caught my eye and I saw the two items within a short period of each other.

Additional information as I was reading this morning -- there were apparently 3 scorebooks involved, the neutral site's book, the home book, and the away book. The home team's book had two crossed-circles for the two free throws that were made, but they had been erased at the time the officials reviewed all three books (presumably the result of comparisons by scorekeepers, because the free throws are clearly on tape). Several observers noted the neutral site scoring official spending much of her time reviewing her phone during live play. It seems it was a poorly-run contest for a state quarterfinal championship game.
I have been following this a little. Apparently the discrepancy was not with the free throws, but a field goal later on that was initially credited on the scoreboard, but then removed. When that team brought it to the attention of the table and officials, both team books agreed the field goal was scored but the official book at the table did not have the field goal. The officials stuck with the official book and left the two points off.