View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 06, 2023, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
2-11-11: The scorer must: Compare records with the visiting scorer after each goal, each foul, each charged time-out, and end of each quarter and extra period, notifying the referee at once of any discrepancy. If the mistake cannot be found, the referee must accept the record of the official scorebook, unless he/she has knowledge which permits him/her to decide otherwise. If the discrepancy is in the score and the mistake is not resolved, the referee must accept the progressive team totals of the official scorebook. A bookkeeping mistake may be corrected at any time until the referee approves the final score. The scorebook of the home team must be the official book, unless the referee rules otherwise. The official scorebook must remain at the scorer’s table throughout the game, including all intermissions.
I'm not arguing the outcome - the rules are the rules, even if seemingly unjust in this case. Not meaning to hijack the original thread here, but this one caught my eye and I saw the two items within a short period of each other.

Additional information as I was reading this morning -- there were apparently 3 scorebooks involved, the neutral site's book, the home book, and the away book. The home team's book had two crossed-circles for the two free throws that were made, but they had been erased at the time the officials reviewed all three books (presumably the result of comparisons by scorekeepers, because the free throws are clearly on tape). Several observers noted the neutral site scoring official spending much of her time reviewing her phone during live play. It seems it was a poorly-run contest for a state quarterfinal championship game.