View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 30, 2023, 11:34pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicGuy View Post
Again, I think this is a foul. But any action designed solely to draw is ugly and a short distance to an unwatchable and unmanageable game.

This offensive player clearly committed a foul, but if he were at half court and looking to the side and the same contact occurred it would still be a TC foul by rule. Do we want that to be part of the game? Intentionally stepping in front of unaware players in order to rack up team fouls?

The play in question isn’t that, but it’s not too far off.
There are time and distance factors for players without the ball. Those requirements were met. If an opponent is standing like a statue in the middle of a court, run around them and be wide open to receive the ball bc they won't be ready to play defense and react to your movement.

In my 20 years of officiating it was never an epidemic. In my first year in retirement I've watched a lot of basketball in my positions as observer and trainer and haven't seen it happen once this season. If it happens more than once in a game the coach needs to talk to his or her players about paying attention to what's going on in front of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Jan 31, 2023 at 06:36am.