Thread: DQ Player
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 18, 2023, 04:35pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Sometimes we just have to depend on our table crew. If a disqualified player tries to enter the game, or if a player substituted for doesn't sit a tick, or if a team uses its allotted timeouts, I count on my table crew to inform me. I've got more urgent things to think about in a game. Sometimes I'll unilaterally catch these situations, but other times I won't. That's why the table crew gets paid big bucks.
What other urgent things are on your mind when subs are coming into the game? Unless we have a multitude of players fouling out, it shouldn't be too taxing on the brain to remember that a certain player fouled out.

One of my early mentors used to quiz us in camp during time-outs as to the information on the scoreboard (time/score/team fouls/possession). Also used to teach us to track the numbers of the players who subbed out so that WE would catch it if a player checked back in before time came off the clock.

She's the one who inspired me to utilize my brain to its fullest extent when officiating. She is now a D1/D2 NCAA-Women's conference supervisor.

Last edited by Raymond; Wed Jan 18, 2023 at 05:25pm.