View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 01, 2023, 02:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Second half BTW

Just went back an saw this play.

There was an out-of-bounds violation in the BC that Oklahoma State Retained the ball in their BC. The shot clock said 25 seconds. They have until 20 to get it across as I said the shot clock never reset and there is a not a new 10-second count. They had 5 seconds.

Now not sure how well the crew communicated that to the players or the team. And maybe the player did not know the rule or did not realize they had to get it across (which they often don't) in 5 seconds.

But they got the rule right. And the broadcast went away from the floor and was doing some graphics, so it was not clear what communication was done or not done. Usually, talk about this in my pre-games (I am nowhere near these guys' levels BTW) at the small college level and even yesterday we talked about this situation when I worked. We said how we need to make it clear to everyone and each other if this happens when the violation can happen, even when it does not normally start at 30. You could have had a timeout at 25 and then the team has until 15 to get it across and usually there is still confusion on the teams or they are not aware the time changed.

Peace