Thread: Half Time
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 29, 2022, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
I'm not going to be running into anyone's locker room to implore them to come back out. I'll use the "cause them to be notified" clause and ask the game manager to do that. Or, if the facility uses a warning horn at three minutes (some places do a buzz-buzz-buzz to indicate three minutes left) and I know it can be heard in the locker rooms, that's good enough for me.

In 12 years, I've had a few teams sauntering out just as the clock strikes zero, and they've been ready to go within the one-minute grace period. I've never had a team that just failed to appear altogether and caused such an awkward delay where a T was necessary. Though in a few cases I've started pondering how that would go down.

In this case, assuming the crew has caused the teams to be notified properly and 2½ minutes go by, I wouldn't hesitate to assess the T. Because that's ridiculous. Start the half with the two FTs for B, then B's ball at Division Line, and the arrow is postponed as a result of the foul so B keeps it.
I agree. If I'm the R, I'll go to the table, ensure the arrow is flipped, and then tell the table person to warn everyone at 3 minutes left in halftime. If game management is taking me and my partner(s) back to the locker room, I'll ask them to give everyone a 3-minute reminder. What the teams do after that is on them.