View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 10, 2022, 01:34pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Passed ...

I decided to submit my IAABO Refresher Exam answers.

97/100. Three incorrect answers.

No shame in that. Almost all of my "alone" (before study group) open book answers remained unchanged after the study group. After the study group I researched (on my own and on the Forum) a few tricky questions. I did my best. Gotta take some pride in my effort.

Thanks to the Forum for your help.

While I know that I got three questions wrong, I won't know which questions I got wrong until, at the earliest, November 18, 2022, when all the exams are submitted and the answer sheet becomes available.

Once the answer sheet becomes available, I will share my incorrect answers with the Forum, even if I made stupid mistakes. We can all learn from our mistakes.

Or we can all "beat up" on IAABO.

I have a sneaking suspicion that two of my incorrect answers involved me intentionally substituting the word backboard for the word basket/ring (based on purpose and intent):

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...ml#post1045686

7) A-1 attempts a pass to A-2 in Team A’s backcourt. The ball hits Team B’s basket and deflects directly back to A-1 who catches the ball and starts a dribble. The official rules a legal play. Is this correct?
My answer: 7) No. Official is incorrect. Illegal (double) dribble.

48) With four minutes remaining in the quarter, A-1, in the backcourt, throws a pass toward A-5 in the frontcourt. The pass hits the ring and rebounds untouched back to A-1 in the backcourt. The officials allow play to continue. Is this correct?
My answer: 48) Yes. Official is correct.

Not as sure, but this question still bugs me:

61) With Team B leading 51 to 50, Team A scores with eight seconds left in the game. A-6 and A-7 rush onto the court to congratulate the shooter. This occurs while B-1 is trying to complete a throw-in to B-2. The official rules one technical foul against Team A, awards Team B two free throws and the ball for a division-line throw-in. Is this correct?
My answer: 61) Yes. Official is correct.

Of course there's always the possibility that I made really stupid mistakes, like carelessly misreading some questions, confusing backcourt with frontcourt, confusing Team A with Team B, overlooking an important word like "not", etc.

Happens to me almost every year.

And there's always the possibility that I just kicked a rule (or two, or three).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Nov 10, 2022 at 05:13pm.