View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 03, 2022, 11:53am
Esteemed Forum Member

Six Players ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Put the 2 rules side-by-side. Then think back over your 40 years of officiating about which rule is something we as officials always try to prevent from being violated b/c we tend to blame ourselves when it happens.
Allowing six players on the court? I hate it when I hear about that happening.

I always tell my partner that if I'm the administering official on a throwin after a timeout, intermission, or substitution (or any stoppage in play), that I'm going to take my time to “sweep the floor”, including counting five players each team and looking at the table for substitutes.

I also tell my partner that if I'm not the administering official (the "off official") on a throwin after a timeout, intermission, or substitution, that my hand up in the air means I'm not ready, so, of course, we're not ready.

But this isn't after a timeout, intermission, or substitution, nor could it in any way be considered the fault of the officials.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Nov 03, 2022 at 02:16pm.