View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 20, 2022, 12:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Compression Shorts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
DELETE 3-5-7: (Compression shorts shall be a single solid color similar to the predominant color of the uniform; the length shall be above the knee. Undergarments shall not extend below the pants/skirt.
Compression shorts used to be a stand-alone rule and were required to be the same color as the "pants/skirts" (shorts), later changed to same color as the "uniform" (whatever that means (what if shorts and jersey are different colors)).

This rule change combined compression short color requirements with sleeves, tights, and other types of equipment, headbands, and wristbands (but not undershirts).

Happened after "school color" was no longer mentioned in the rulebook.

I thought that this was going to be the start of the simplification of equipment rules.

I was wrong.

In fact, we're now going backwards (to more complex rules) by allowing some types of hard hair control devises (and adornments), but not others.

Ribbons used to tie hair in a ponytail used to be illegal (and maybe still are illegal) because they were considered decorative hair adornments.

Since we're now allowing some decorative hair adornments (beads), are we now allowing ribbons (soft cloth securely fastened close to the head) used to tie (control) hair in a ponytail?

2019-20 Basketball Rules Interpretations: SITUATION 2: A1 is wearing a ribbon to control her hair. RULING: Illegal. Ribbons are considered decorations and the athlete should not be allowed to enter the contest while wearing a ribbon in the hair. (3-5-4e)

2019-20 Basketball Rules Interpretations: SITUATION 1: A1 is waiting at the table to substitute into the game. The official recognizes the substitute is wearing pre-wrap tied in the back as a headband. RULING: The substitute is permitted to enter the game wearing the pre-wrap as a headband provided it meets all the guidelines for a headband. (3-5-4b)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Sep 20, 2022 at 05:00pm.