View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 29, 2022, 01:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Embarrass The Tosser ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
That the benefit of calling it back is outweighed by the cost of calling it back, unless it's egregious.
Agree. Calling a toss back will only draw added attention to a less than perfect toss and might embarrass the tosser. Been in this situation several times as the non-tosser. Usually seems best to just play on, seldom getting complaints from players, coaches, or fans.

If I'm good friends with my partner, at halftime, I might say, "That wasn't the best toss". Seldom get partners asking why I didn't call the toss back, usually just get, "Yes, it wasn't my best toss". Really good friends might reply sarcastically, "Well then, why didn't you call it back?", which starts the ball busting and chain yanking, and after a few laughs, we get on to more serious issues to work on in the second half.

The rare times that I do call it (egregious) back, I will often apologize to my partner, "Sorry I had to call your toss back, it was real bad", to which I will often get a reply, "Yeah, it was pretty pathetic. Thanks".

It's a fine line ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
...some have described jump balls as microbursts of mayhem.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Mar 29, 2022 at 01:32pm.