View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 27, 2022, 12:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Difference In Wording ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
The only hesitation I have is that this seems to be treating the wrong number the same as an illegal number. An illegal number is penalized if a player participates but "player" and "participates" are not the same as "team member" and "discovered". These seem like separate but equal situations that are administered the same way but the difference in wording between adjudicating a wrong number and an illegal number is a little confusing ...
Changing numbers in the book and illegal numbers (uniform) are both enforced only if the team members are one of the five participants (players). Both are ignored for team members who are not participating (bench personnel) at the time of discovery. The former is charged to the team, the latter is charged directly to the head coach (seatbelted).

Thus they are separate and not fully equal situations that are not administered the same way (team vs. head coach).

Identical numbers are a completely different animal. A technical foul for identical numbers can be charged to any team member (not necessarily a player) at the time of discovery (after the ten minute mark). It's a team foul.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Mar 28, 2022 at 12:19pm.