View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 27, 2022, 11:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

Dead Ball ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
In this scenario since the team member reported to the table and became a player when he was beckoned onto the court by the official we are now required to change the number in the book even if the ball has not become live.
I believe that we change the number in the book and penalize, even if the ball is dead.

"Penalized when they occur"? "They" means changing the scorebook, so that doesn't help, Rich1 wants to know "if" he has to change the scorebook.

So use the language in the casebook: "becomes a player", and "currently in the game and became a player when he/she legally entered the court", do not differentiate between a live ball and a dead ball.

The key is if he's one of the five players at the time, maybe even during a timeout (not an intermission).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Agree that the "statute of limitations" for these various number (wrong number, illegal number, identical numbers) and scorebook issues can be confusing.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)