View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 03, 2022, 11:29am
Esteemed Forum Member

Buffalo Springfield ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
For what it’s worth ... (Note: BillyMac, find the song reference in this post!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
I'm quicker witted than BillyMac, and I didn't have to ask Google...Buffalo Springfield!!!
Nice pop culture reference Nevadaref. Thanks.

Thanks justacoach. I was stumped.

I am very familiar with the song, but didn't know the real name of the song. I thought it was "Stop, Hey What's That Sound".

Stephen Stills said that the name of the song came about when he presented it to the record company executives, "I have this song here, for what it's worth, if you want it." The executives gave the single the parenthetical title "For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound)" (often referred to as simply "For What It's Worth") in order that the song would be more easily recognized.

I'm surprised that I didn't know this. I'm a Stephen Stills and Neil Young (Buffalo Springfield band members) fan (along with Graham Nash and David Crosby).

For the young'uns, the band took their name from a steamroller parked outside their house.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Feb 03, 2022 at 12:30pm.