View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 23, 2021, 01:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Correctable Error ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
My understanding is that if the mistake was by the official(s) then it's not correctable as the time frame has passed but if the error is by the table then it can be corrected.
If NFHS and NCAA correctable error rules are the same, as the grizzled old geezer states, I agree with BryanV21.

If the officials had signaled three points at the time of the play, and if the table has incorrectly marked two points, this is a bookkeeping error that can be corrected up until the officials jurisdiction ends.

However, if the officials had not signaled three points at the time of the play, this is a correctable error situation that falls under the usual constraints and time frame restrictions of the correctable error rule.

2-1-1-E: Officials may correct an error if a rule is inadvertently set aside and results in: Erroneously counting or canceling a score.

While I can't speak in regard to NCAA rules, in ancient NFHS times, when the three point arc were first painted on the court, if it was deemed a pass it would only count as two points.

But, quoth the raven, nevermore.

Am I right Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.? Nice post. Thanks.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Dec 23, 2021 at 01:27pm.