Thread: Covid
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 16, 2021, 11:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

Proof Of Vaccination ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpferee View Post
I would love to know how they plan on figuring that out!
While HIPAA only prohibits healthcare providers and healthcare businesses from disclosing protected information to anyone other than a patient without their consent, school systems are not covered by the law, but are covered by ordinary, common sense, privacy laws concerning minors.

School systems can require, by state law, proof of various vaccinations (Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis, Polio, Chickenpox, Measles, Mumps, & Rubella, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis A) for attendance, with all allowing medical exemptions, and some allowing religious exemptions.

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to make COVID vaccinations or masks required for interscholastic sports. Connecticut interscholastic sports already require proof of a recent physical exam in order to participate.

However, for various reasons, I'm fairly certain that this idea won't fly. Maybe voluntary mask wearing, or everybody wearing masks, but nothing beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Private businesses are free to do whatever they want to do in terms of "mask discrimination", but schools are government controlled public places, no need to put a "label" on a minor that says "not vaccinated". Adolescents have enough to deal with, even without COVID, no need for unneeded additional stress.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 17, 2021 at 02:40pm.