Thread: jumper
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 19, 2021, 05:34pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Perplexed In Connecticut ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
That applies if the offensive team RETAINS possession following a defensive foul or violation in the front court or a defensive violation in the back court. If a team gains possession in their FC following a foul or violation, the shot clock is set to 20 seconds, if in the BC it is set to 30.
Thanks for reminding me why I never wanted to understand NCAA basketball rules.

Also, rumor has it that Connecticut will go with a NFHS approved shot clock for all high school games (freshman, junior varsity, varsity) as early as next year. Some wanted it rushed as early as this year.

I'm perplexed.

Frugal principals, athletic directors, and coaches in Connecticut have stymied three person varsity (never even considering subvarsity) games for years, something that would really improve Connecticut high school basketball in every varsity game, yet the same principals, athletic directors, and coaches are jumping on the bandwagon for the chance to have high school shot clocks, something that would only improve a handful of games each season, and yet still be costly, originally for the equipment, and then ongoing for shot clock operators at the table.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Nov 20, 2021 at 12:37pm.