View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2021, 05:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Who Was That Masked Man ??? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Delaware is requiring officials and players to wear a mask on court during competition. Not that I am anti-mask, I just don't want to wear one on court.
I fully understand Raymond's reluctance to wear a mask, I went into last season with some mask reluctance also.

We had no choice here in Connecticut. Wear a mask, or stay home (40% of our local guys chose not to be assigned games).

I wore an Under Armor Sports Mask last season, specifically designed for athletic use with easier breathing (has a bulging "air pocket" between one's mouth and nose and the inside layer of the mask, and not absorbing much sweat/spit; expensive, about $25 each).

I used a Fox 40 electronic whistle (with a powerful nine volt battery) with the mask. The electronic whistle (expensive, about $20 each) only worked for me because I worked mostly middle school games last season in small gyms with with sparse crowds (due to COVID limits), so nobody had problem hearing my "whistle". Not sure that the electronic whistle would be heard well in a large cavernous high school gym with a lot of fans and cheerleaders.

Bonus. Because I was wearing a mask, I found it very easy to meet hot single Moms. They see my "Silver Fox" full head of hair, but can't see my very ugly face.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Oct 27, 2021 at 03:33pm.