View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 07, 2021, 03:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I don't doubt it. Of course you can, you already change systems from night to night as you change from college games to high school games, and maybe even from Illinois high school games to Indiana high school games. Flexibility is a valuable asset. It's part of what makes you a great basketball official.

But the high school only guys that I work with, especially the young'uns I often work with in my middle school games, lack that flexibility (and greatness). If they have problems knowing if the basketball is stuffed, or inflated, how are they going to smoothly and successfully switch from IAABO mechanics to NFHS mechanics from one game to the next, and one partner to the next, especially in bang bang out of bonds plays, that should be reflexive, and almost automatic.
Officiating is officiating. All those levels and organizations you mentioned do practically the same things across the board. Hardly any variations or differences in philosophies. The main difference is the partners you work with and what they may or may not bring to the table in experience or knowledge.

Peace