View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 05, 2021, 02:03pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Walk And Chew Gum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
The Lead can watch his sideline to blow his whistle without ball watching. Need to be able to do more than one thing at a time.
Why we get paid the big bucks.

Breaking News: Connecticut Game Fees for 2021-22 Season: Scrimmage Fee: $150 (3 officials $50 each, 2 officials $75 each); Varsity Fee: $101.69; Sub Varsity Fee: $65.99 (Junior Varsity, Freshmen, Middle Schools).

I used the NFHS system for decades and it can work, and sometimes work quite well, otherwise the NFHS wouldn't have stuck with it for such a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... good officials should be always be aware of where all the players are, and where their partner is ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
While I've always disliked this "new" IAABO line responsibility mechanic, I do find myself doing less sideline above the free throw line extended ball watching as the Lead.
I wouldn't be upset if for some reason, IAABO would switch course and go back to the NFHS system, warts and all.

Neither two person boundary line system is any where near perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Two-person coverage is flawed ...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 05, 2021 at 02:21pm.