View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 01, 2021, 03:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fun With Continuous Motion …

IAABO Make The Call Video

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...p8ZGXuCg%3D%3D

Should this goal count? Was the continuous motion rule properly applied to this play? The official rules the ball handler was in the act of shooting when the foul occurred in the lane and awards the goal. Was this an accurate ruling?

Two choices: This is an accurate ruling. This ruling is inaccurate.

My comment: This is an accurate ruling. The ball does not become dead until the try or tap for field goal ends, or until the airborne shooter returns to the floor, when a foul, other than player-control or team-control, occurs by any opponent of a player who has started a try or tap for field goal (is in the act of shooting) before the foul occurred, provided time did not expire before the ball was in flight. The trying motion must be continuous and begins after the ball comes to rest in the player’s hand(s) on a try or touches the hand(s) on a tap, and is completed when the ball is clearly in flight. The trying motion may include arm, foot or body movements used by the player when throwing the ball at his/her basket.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)