View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 19, 2021, 03:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I was actually more concerned about the NCAA ten second rule language than I was about the NCAA shot clock language. Does the NCAA ten second rule start on the inbounds "touch" (as opposed to the NFHS inbounds "control")?
I will put it this way. NCAA uses the shot clock for all games and all levels. So yes the language reflects the rules that apply to the shot clock. Not a state adopted or conference adopted rule.

Quote:
NCAA Rule 10-10 says:

Section 10. 10-Second Backcourt
The 10-second count shall begin when a player legally touches the ball in his team’s backcourt, except on a rebound or jump ball. In such case, the 10-second count shall start on player control. Once the 10-second count begins, an inbounds player (and his team) shall not be in continuous control of a ball that is in his backcourt for 10 consecutive seconds. The 10-second count shall be reset on all stoppages of the game clock except when the defense causes the ball to be out of bounds, the offense retains the possession after a held ball, or there is a technical foul assessed against the offensive team. The offensive team will always have a reset of the 10-second count if the team is charged a timeout.
Quote:
NCAA Rule 5-10 says:

Section 10. Starting Game and Shot Clocks

Art. 2. The game clock shall be started when:
a. An inbounds player legally touches the ball after the throw-in has been
released
;
b. A tossed ball on a jump ball is legally touched;
c. The ball legally touches a player on the playing court when a free throw
is not successful and is to remain live; and
Peace