View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 19, 2021, 02:56pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Oversight And Unintended Consequence ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If your state never uses a shot clock, not an issue is it? You do not need the same rule for both situations ... If you are not in those places that uses such situations, you really do not have to worry about the differences.
Again, I see your point if you're viewing shot clock guideline mechanics as a full fledged NFHS rule change, with two different ten second rules for two different games, with a shot clock, and without a shot clock, with the shot clock guideline ten second mechanic "trumping" 9-8 in games with a shot clock.

Conversely, I just see this as an oversight, and unintended consequence, very typical for the NFHS I've come to love and hate over the past forty years.

I will be attending the IAABO International Fall Seminar, September 29, 2021 through October 3, 2021, in Trumbull, Connecticut. The “Gang of Four” IAABO co-interpreters will be hosting a presentation on rule changes, editorial revisions, points of emphasis, and manual changes. I will be sure to bring up this shot clock mechanic and its conflict with the current ten second rule. Of course, as usual, it will only be an IAABO interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)