View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 12, 2021, 10:41pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Interpretation Of Some Type ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
No one said it was "so" important except you through your own inferences.
The NFHS must have thought it important because they listed it as a correctable error, and followed it up with a casebook play for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
If you were really unsure that these two points should have counted for the team that shot the free throws ...
Never, just curious about a reason for a correctable error that really didn't need correcting because nobody was "cheated". Best way to figure this out was through posts about hypothetical situations in this thread. Just wanted something more (like a citation) than common sense to hang a hat on. My stubborn persistence and Devil's advocate attitude paid off.

In the back of my mind I think I knew that there was a interpretation of some type that kept whispering to me to count the free throws for the shooter's team, I just couldn't put my finger on it, and was quite pleased when Mike Goodwin finally posted it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jul 12, 2021 at 10:59pm.