View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 08, 2021, 04:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Eureka! Eureka! (Socrates, Third Century B.C) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
1) Is substitute A6 some type of "designated shooter", who is only allowed to be substituted for for blood, disqualification, or injury?

2) Does the sit a tick rule apply in the one situation (new twist situation #3) where A1 has not sat his required tick?
8-2: The free throw(s) awarded because of a personal foul must be attempted by the offended player. If such player must withdraw because of an injury or disqualification, his/her substitute must attempt the throw(s) unless no substitute is available, in which case any teammate may attempt the throw(s) as selected by the team captain or head coach.

No injury. No disqualification.

This citation may take care of both the "sit a tick" and the "designated shooter" questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
There are two casebook plays that support the one exception to the sit a tick rule that I am aware of - playing with five "trumps" the sit a tick rule. Do we now have a second exception to the sit a tick rule?
Yes, I now believe that we do.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jul 08, 2021 at 05:58pm.