View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2021, 11:35am
Esteemed Forum Member

Hand Slapped ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
The only possible issue here is if the state / association uses different mechanics (..., no long switch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Which is the case in Oregon. This would have been the correct ... non-switch.
We tried no long switches here in Connecticut several years ago.

Our state guideline was no long switch when the ball will stay in the backcourt and when there will be no change in possession.

Best example was a ball handler getting fouled in the backcourt before the bonus was in effect.

Either because many didn't understand the guideline, or because many were lazy, officials didn't switch when they were supposed to, and we often saw no switching during plays when we were supposed to switch, like the play shown in the video (which included a change in possession).

When the IAABO Grand Poobahs observed this in our Connecticut state tournament finals, IAABO International put the kibosh on our short-lived (maybe one year, no more than two years) Connecticut no long switch experiment.

Too bad, I liked the no long switch mechanic (remember it's two person in Connecticut, so a long switch can occasionally be really, really long). It was our own fault, we screwed the pooch.

What does no long switch actually mean in states that use it, like Oregon? Please define. Thanks.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu May 27, 2021 at 02:39pm.