View Single Post
Old Sat May 01, 2021, 09:43am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...HLJAbBX8Sb.mp4

IAABO Play Commentary

Correct Answer: This is a legal jump stop.

Both answers are correct. This a legal jump stop, followed by a traveling violation when the player takes a step.

If a player ends a dribbler with one foot is on the floor, the player may jump off that foot and simultaneously land on both. Neither foot can be a pivot in this case. (4-44-2.b.2)

In this play, the player ends the dribble with his right foot on the floor and jumps to two feet. This is a jump stop. However, the ball handler lifts his right foot and places it back to the floor before releasing the ball on a pass, which is a traveling violation. (4-44-3.a) Had he released the ball before the foot had returned to the floor, it would have been a legal play.

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is an illegal jump stop and should have been ruled a traveling violation 56%. This is a legal jump stop 44% (including me).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)