View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 28, 2021, 11:23am
Esteemed Forum Member

Gathers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVBlue View Post
... gathers with right foot on floor jumps to land ...
Agree, but it was very difficult to see on the video, which is why I passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
However, in this video it’s very difficult to determine if the ball handler had his right foot on the floor when he first catches the ball. If his right foot was on the floor when he caught the ball, that would be his pivot foot, and it was lifted, and returned to the floor, before the ball was released on a pass, or try for goal, thus illegal, and a travel violation. If you’re not sure, don’t call it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVBlue View Post
... then tries to pivot = travel
If one ignores everything that came before that (which we can't), the last pivot would have been legal.

Assume legal start of dribble drive (I've got a travel). Assume legal jump into jump stop (I'm not sure, but won't argue against it being illegal):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
4-44-2-A: A player who catches the ball while moving or dribbling may stop and establish a pivot foot as follows: If both feet are off the floor and the player lands: Simultaneously on both feet, either foot may be the pivot.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Apr 28, 2021 at 11:28am.