View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 28, 2021, 10:37am
Esteemed Forum Member

Fun With A Drive To The Hoop ...

IAABO Make The Call Video

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...HLJAbBX8Sb.mp4

Is this a traveling violation? Observe the player who drives into the lane and executes a jump stop. Is this a legal play or it is a violation?

Two choices: This is a legal jump stop. This is an illegal jump stop and should have been ruled a traveling violation.

My comment: This is a legal jump stop. Tough call. Blue #5 caught the ball while dribbling and landed simultaneously on both feet, thus allowing either foot to be the pivot foot. However, in this video it’s very difficult to determine if the ball handler had his right foot on the floor when he first catches the ball. If his right foot was on the floor when he caught the ball, that would be his pivot foot, and it was lifted, and returned to the floor, before the ball was released on a pass, or try for goal, thus illegal, and a travel violation. If you’re not sure, don’t call it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Apr 28, 2021 at 11:03am.