View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 27, 2021, 10:00am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Historically black colleges. I may be behind the times, I believe that they're now called historically black colleges and universities. I'm sure that Howard is, not sure about Samford.
They are referred to as HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities). I have several family members that attended them, my mom was one of them who attended FAMU.

Howard is a University that is an HBCU. Samford is a Christian school, which was ironically first-named Howard College.

Quote:
Yes, absolutely, always with separate NCAAM and NCAAW content. We always get it in our monthly Inside the Lines bulletins, our bi-monthly Sportorials magazines, our International Fall Seminars, and also in our recent COVID online Zoom presentations.
Well, they don't as it is related to the NASO product line. Not sure why or if they care, but this was part of their "You Make the Ruling" Videos and all that content is high school-related. The NCAA puts out their own content through NASO or through Arbiter mainly when it comes to videos.

Quote:
JRutledge: Are you 100% positive that this is a high school game?
Honestly, it does not matter because IAABO never discusses NCAA Rules or CCA Mechanics. So it is not a high school game, they are selling it as one for the purposes of these plays. Again, this was a high school video series, if it is not a high school game they certainly are not talking all throughout the video as such. Again this is your organization, you should know what they are using better than me. So if this happened a couple of years after the POE which you love to tell me has to be followed, then they certainly did not mention this. Also, college has provisions for elbow contact but again they have when it should apply and when it should not apply to a Flagrant Foul (different terminology). The voice-over never addressed this at all.

On another note, the players look nothing like college players to me in either size or look. I do not see a kid taller than 6'2 or 6'3 on the floor, including the players in the post where the foul was called. Neither does the calling official look like a college official in this play, he looks like a high school official, especially with the way he called the foul. But that is just my take.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Tue Apr 27, 2021 at 10:10am.