View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 27, 2021, 08:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

Boyz II Men ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
What are HBC's?
Historically black colleges. I may be behind the times, I believe that they're now called historically black colleges and universities. I'm sure that Howard is, not sure about Samford.

Quote:
Does IAABO put out content specifically for college?
Yes, absolutely, always with separate NCAAM and NCAAW content. We always get it in our monthly Inside the Lines bulletins, our bi-monthly Sportorials magazines, our International Fall Seminars, and also in our recent COVID online Zoom presentations.

From our very recent IAABO Executive Director's Annual Report: IAABO continues to create a separate handbook for Canada that contains FIBA rules and interpretations, including a handbook … and other instructional materials for the FIBA rule changes. Periodic quizzes have been prepared for our international members and have been well received. During the course of this year, we were able to complete the terms of our agreement with CBOA to establish the Men’s Collegiate Board 800. Concurrent with that agreement, we were also successful in establishing Board 801 for the Women’s Collegiate Basketball Officials Organization (WCBOO). The addition of these two boards now allows IAABO to service members interested in NFHS, Men’s Collegiate, Women’s Collegiate and the International games. Efforts are being made to include all videos, quizzes and training materials for all four sets of rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... IAABO is now branching out (outside of the NFHS) to include FIBA (Canada), NCAA men's basketball, and NCAA women's basketball, a diversification strategy that I fear will dilute the product of what IAABO has always done best, training high school basketball officials.
Quote:
And you said you knew what I was referring to and you think this is a college game?
Since well before the technological expansion of high school video, IAABO has often used video of college games to demonstrate, or explain, principles of high school rules, interpretations, and/or mechanics, which has continued (though somewhat decreased) up to and including recent times. Often, but not always, there will be some type of introductory statement, almost always live by the presenter, anybody from a local interpreter, up to to international seminar presenter, that what we're viewing on the video is a college game, but that we can still learn about high school rules, interpretations, and/or mechanics, from the video, and video play commentary.

It is for this reason, as well as the school names on the jerseys, as well as the degree of physical maturity and size of the players, that I believed that this was a video of a college game, despite also knowing that some high school games (state tournament late round games) are played on college basketball sites (in this case the University of Delaware).

JRutledge: Are you 100% positive that this is a high school game?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Apr 27, 2021 at 09:52am.