Old Fri Apr 23, 2021, 09:32am
Esteemed Forum Member

Blind Travel ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Black #10 traveled before the contact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Through no fault of her own, if she hadn't gotten jammed between the two players and the coach and his bench she may have had a wider, more open look to see the travel. At one point she had to take a step around the coach (who was legally in his coaching box).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
There is no way for the official to see the ball and be able to rule a travel or not. I called a blind travel once in a college game only to have the video so that the player did not have possession of the ball.
Even though I pointed out the travel in my initial comment (for educational purposes, not to criticize the official), she gets a pass from me on missing the travel.

Not only was she jammed up against the coach, but she was also straight-lined by ball handler in such a way that the official doesn't get a good look at the initial possession of the ball, as Raymond commented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Clear travel upon catching the ball.
Nevadaref probably meant "clear" from the video viewer's angle. That's how I called the travel, and it was quite clear to me, but not clear from the viewpoint of the official.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Apr 23, 2021 at 12:37pm.