View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 24, 2003, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

A couple of housekeeping items:

1) As R, you toss the coin. Team A will receive. What is the best way to get the teams to place their backs to the goal lines that they will defend? I always tell them to place their backs to their goal lines and look at me, but many times they are just confused. Any non-fail tips?

2) On the flanks, during my pregame, I always move the yardage markers at least 6 ft off the sideline. This provides a natural boundary during the game to keep spectators and players back. Seems obvious, but I see some guys trying to work around them or only moving them back a few feet. Also gives more room for the chains. Does everyone do this?

3) How about a fool proof way of communicating to the coaches when the 2nd half will begin as they leave the field. Do you give them a specific time, such as 8:15pm? What if they're watch and yours are different? I start the game clock and tell them to be back before it runs down to 00:00. Ideas? Better ways?

4) It's raining. What are your best tips to stay dry (feet especially. I know, grocery store bags) for a downpour of a game? OR, it's sweltering. I just perspired so much that I have sweat stains all over my favorite hat. What's the best way to clean it without shrinking it?