View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 21, 2021, 09:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
F1 occurred in the BC. The ball should have been inbounded in the BC resumed at the sideline nearest the point of interruption or the designated spot nearest to where the violation or foul occurred.

To compound the error, the crew also inbounded the ball in the FC with only 20 seconds on the shotclock. Even if they believed the F1 occurred in the FC, there should be at least 28 seconds on the shotclock.

That is why most good crews will go to the monitor when any type of flagrant foul is called; they can review spot of foul and any type of clock adjustments that need to be made.
I noticed that later. And I see why it was put where it was because when the play had a whistle, where was the player. A good lesson for all of us and at the NCAA it matters because of where you put the ball in play now (tick marks at 28-foot mark and endline marking).

Now if they had put the ball in the backcourt, it is set to 30. If they put the ball in the FC, they get I believe at 20 if you deem this was a turnover foul (in other words no possession when the foul occurred. I can certainly make a case this was still a defensive player at the time of the foul. Just tapping the ball away is not considered possession. Heck, I could make a case that this is a TC foul at the high school level which would result in no free throws if we do not call an Intentional Foul here. Certainly, a lot going on here and this is why these plays are not just one-dimensional.

Good catch. I do agree with the monitor part, but they are getting on them to not go for a lot of other reasons. So I think this was an obvious foul application at first and the other things might not have been considered.

Peace