View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 04, 2021, 05:19pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
IAABO Make The Call Video

Head Coach Behavior. Should this behavior be considered "major" and a technical foul being assessed? Should a warning have been assessed?

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...K1X%2F9w%3D%3D

Three choices: The coach should have been assessed a warning. The coach should have been assessed a technical foul. This is a spontaneous reaction and does not need to be addressed.

My comment: The coach should have been assessed a warning. Coach is outside the coaching box and argues with the official. I do not judge this offense to be a major offense.

Note: Every official has a different level of tolerance and we don't know what happened previously in the game. Was the coach frustrated with his team, down by twenty in the last period, or with the opposing coach, pressing with a big late lead, or with the officiating, or with everything?

Also, what happened to the game clock?

At 7:00, just before B1 releases the Ball for a FGA, W-HC yells at the T: "Call the foul!" The instant B1 releases the Ball for her FGA, I am putting air in my whistle and grant W-HC's request for a Foul to be called: A TF against W-HC for UC (To quote Bugs Bunny: "Ain't I a stinker!" ). Coninuous Motion applies, the Ball remains Live and since B1's FGA was successful her FGA counts. W-HC's TF is a DTF and he loses the Coaching Box.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio