View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 30, 2021, 02:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Worst angle is the live camera feed.

Still photo clearly shows contact on DiJonai Carrington's shooting elbow by #20 Olivia Nelson-Ododa before the ball is released.
I agree, but still 4-27 (or the NCAA Women's equivilent) applies.

Quote:
Endline angle video clearly shows #3 Aaliyah Edwards moving forward (A to B) toward Carrington and then through and past Carrington's original position, with Carrington ending up on the floor.
She is absolutely moving forward, but she does not make any contact with the player until she tops the ball. And that is usually not how A to B contact is judged at that level when there is a clear play on the ball. Women do not usually do that contact as high in the air.

Quote:
Sure, Carrington's leaning back off balance to avoid a blocked shot might have had something to do with her ending up on the floor, but the body contact by Edwards certainly helped. Watch where Edwards ends up after the contact.
And it is a great girl's basketball call that would be scolded if called in the very same situation in a boy's or men's game. Been there and called some BS and was told about it directly. I am not stating anything I have not experienced and told why I should lay off that call at both the high school and college levels.

Peace