View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2021, 03:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Lost The Count ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
There have been more than a few times when I choose not to visibly count, then next thing I know there's a sudden trap, or a ball bounces away, or maybe a pass gets fumbled ... I have tried to condition myself to count 100% of the time, regardless of time or score.
In case we do screw up:

5.10.1 SITUATION B: Team A leads by one point when they inbound the ball in their backcourt with 12 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. A1's throw-in pass is to A2 who dribbles in the backcourt until the horn sounds. The trail official does not make a 10-second ruling because he/she "lost the count." RULING: The game is over. The clock may not be reset as there are no rule provisions to do this. If the count was not accurate or was not made, it cannot be corrected. There is no provision for the correction of an error made in the official's accuracy in counting seconds.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)