View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2021, 10:19am
Esteemed Forum Member

Hybrid Rules ...

Slightly off topic, but I believe that there is a difference between NFHS and NCAA rules regarding when the ten second rule begins, possession for NFHS, touch for NCAA.

I became aware of this a few years ago in a varsity prep school game, where, here in Connecticut, we use an odd motley assortment of poorly organized hybrid NFHS/NCAA rules, including a shot clock, with many unintended consequences.

After using visible ten second counts in these games for many years, we decided to go the the NCAA mechanic of using the shot clock instead of a visible count.

I noticed that the shot clock was starting early on a few occasions, and eventually figured out why, it was an unintended consequence of odd motley assortment of poorly organized hybrid NFHS/NCAA rules.

Here's another unintended hybrid consequence: When you hear hoofbeats look for horses not zonkeys.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Mar 29, 2021 at 02:49pm.