View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 12, 2021, 04:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Guardians Of The IAABO Universe To The Rescue ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Have you seen it mentioned in the IAABO "You Make the Call" videos (I have every one of those copies they have made) in the last several years?
Yes. January 20, 2021.

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only: Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...2FIE%2Bg%3D%3D

IAABO International Play Commentary: This is an intentional foul. If a player swings elbows excessively, (faster than the rest of the player’s torso), and contacts an opponent, it is at a minimum an intentional foul. If the contact is severe or the player ‘measures up’ the opponent, it is flagrant. (2012-13 POE) In this play, Red #35 swings her elbows in at a pace that exceeds the speed of the torso. This should be ruled an intentional personal foul. Officials only have rules support to rule this incidental contact or a common foul (player control foul) if the player's elbow was stationary when the contact occurred. A stationary elbow is defined as an elbow that is not moving faster than the rest of the player’s torso. (2012-13 POE)

However, there are some flaws in this commentary. Why did the IAABO International "Gang of Four" believe that stationary is the same as moving but not excessively moving? I figure we have three choices: not moving (stationary), moving but not excessively moving, and excessively moving.

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...ml#post1041036
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Mar 12, 2021 at 04:56pm.