View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 07, 2021, 11:18am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only. Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...LZzSadAA%3D%3D

IAABO International Play Commentary: Correct Answer: This is a team control foul.

In this play, let's think about the mindset of the player receiving the ball. She reaches out and slightly contacts the defender before receiving the ball. Why do you suppose she did it? In her mind, do you think she needed that slight contact to ensure she would be able to get the ball and prevent the defender from deflecting the pass?

Keep in mind, the severity of contact is not the primary factor if a foul occurs on this play. Was the defender inhibited by the contact? Did the offensive player gain an advantage by the contact? If this is the case, this is a pushing foul on the offensive team, and a team control foul should be assessed. This is the ruling 65% of respondents stated was the correct ruling.

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is a team control foul 66% (including me). This is incidental contact 34%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)