View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 04, 2021, 12:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

And One ...

Hear "And one" from the fans in the cheap seats all the time and totally ignore.

Hear it from the bench and tell them to "Knock it off". Hear it for the head coach and tell him "Let's not do that tonight coach". Hear it for a player on the court and warn it's "Not appropriate". Most times they're doing it out of habit (sometimes it's said when the ball doesn't even go in the basket, and when I do call the foul I often ask "So, do you only want one free throw?"), aren't directing it toward just one official, are just getting "psyched up", and aren't really trying to influence, or complain. I'm not going to ignore, but I'm not automatically going to the "nuclear option".

I don't recall charging a technical foul for such, but if it was loud enough, and in an angry tone, and definitely directed at me, or my partner, I would definitely consider a technical foul.

As to the video (without commenting on the call by the NBA official, I don't know enough about NBA officiating), I like to think that I would have done the same thing (technical foul) had this exact situation occurred in my high school game.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Mar 04, 2021 at 12:58pm.