View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 23, 2021, 12:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Excedrin Headache #99 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
FIBA solves this by having officials use both hands to signal digits greater than 5, and having them signal first the tens digit (with the back(s) of the hand(s) facing the scorer), and then the ones digit (with the hand(s) facing the scorer in the usual way). If I have a game with non-standard numbers, I use the FIBA approach to signal those numbers. Lacrosse solves this by signalling numbers from 6-9 sideways (6 is 1 finger pointing sideways, 7 is 2 fingers pointing sideways, all the way up to 9 (4 fingers pointing sideways)) and having one hand represent one digit. Volleyball is similar to FIBA in that officials show first one digit then the next, except volleyball officials do not turn their hand when going from the tens digit to the ones ... Numbers under 10 are signaled with the hand(s) facing forwards. 10 is signaled with two open hands, and numbers from 11 to 15 are signaled with a fist on the right hand, and 1 to 5 fingers showing on the left hand.
My head hurts.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)